New skills and returning experts at this year’s How-to in 10 Festival! Stop by the Whitby Central Library on Saturday, May 12th and learn How-to:
- drive a robot | Sinclair Sprockets.
- get up and turn a stand-up paddle board | East of Six Sup.
- identify invasive species | Central Lake Ontario Conservation Authority.
- create a pollinator-friendly yard | Town of Whitby, Sustainability.
- roll it with Sphero | Whitby Public Library.
- treat cuts and burns | Durham First Aid.
- decide: TFSA or RRSP? | Freedom 55 Financial.
- be mindful moment by moment | Joan Hunt.
- set up a commuter bike | Town of Whitby, Active Transportation.
- how to be happier in 10 minutes | Art Your Service.
- use a compass | Scouts Canada.
- say it in Spanish: traveler edition | Spanish in Durham Language School.
- solve a Rubix’s cube | STEAM Explorer.
- make small drywall repairs | All-Dunn General Maintenance.
- be kind to animals | Humane Society of Durham Region.
- cradle and perform stick tricks | Lady Blue Knights.
- dress in traditional cultural attire | Ethno-cultural and Diversity Advisory Committee.
- do rapid reflexology | Feel Great Reflexology.
- perform Taoist Tai Chi | Fung Loy Kok Taoist Tai Chi.
- stream it with Hoopla | Whitby Public Library.
- tell if a hen’s egg is fertilized | Windreach Farm.
- use a defibrillator | St. John Ambulance.
- play exploding kittens! | Teen Advisory Group.
- care for your hearing | Advanced Hearing.
- learn to sew | Whitby Sewing Machine.
- find post-secondary pathway options | Durham College.
- create henna art | Hamnah N. The Henna Artist.
- make a whirligig | Whitby Public Library.
- tie a knot to sail a boat | Whitby Yacht Club.
- learn a new stitch or two | Kniterary.
Saturday, May 12th, 2018
12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Whitby Public Library, Central Library
405 Dundas Street West, Whitby