New skills and returning experts at this year’s How-to in 10 Festival! Stop by the Whitby Central Library on Saturday, April 13th and learn How-to:
- decorate a cookie |M&R Catering Co
- play a Métis tune with wooden spoons and dance the Red River Jig |Oshawa And Durham Region Métis Council
- play music | Whitby School of Music
- beer and food pairings |Town Brewery
- create your own comic book | The Comic Book Project Canada
- identify 10 common feeder birds | Central Lake Ontario Conservation Authority
- conquer kitchen paper piles | Home Free Home Organization
- use a compass | Scouts Canada: Whitby Area
- tell the difference between a rooster and a hen |Windreach Farms
- stream thoughtful entertainment with Kanopy | Whitby Public Library
- enjoy life with vision loss | Durham CNIB
- change a bike tire | Town of Whitby: Active Transportation
- diagnose a small problem in your home before it becomes a big problem | Multi-Trade Building Services
- remember | Learning Disability Association of Durham Region
- create a squishy circuit |Whitby Public Library
- perform basic CPR and use an AED | St. John Ambulance
- enviro-friendly commute | Facedrive
- make a pocket sensory scrapbook | The LivingRoom Community Art Studio
- network | Downtown Whitby BIA
- perform Taoist Tai Chi | Fung Loy Kok Taoist Tai Chi.
- be grateful | Art Your Service
- play magic the gathering | Comic Book Addiction
- help someone who is choking | Durham First Aid.
- take amazing digital photographs | Whitby Seniors’ Activity Centre
- “make change” around the world | Town of Whitby Ethno-Cultural and Diversity Advisory Committee
- manage stress | The Center for Holistic Healthcare & Education Inc.
- install a door lock | All-Dunn General Maintenance
- cradle a lacrosse ball | Lady Blue Knights
- code breaking | WPL’s Teen Advisory Group
- code making: Make & Take | WPL’s Teen Advisory Group
- pair books to music using Freegal | Whitby Public Library
Check back often as we add more experts and skills to our lineup!
Saturday, April 13th, 2019
12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Whitby Public Library, Central Library
405 Dundas Street West, Whitby